Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Little India to Little Italy and back home

So I finally paid my visit to the Big Apple this weekend. It was great. I had no plans before getting there but managed to stay busy most of the 4 days I had. Besides the nice touristy attractions and roaming around Manhattan I got a chance to soak in the spirit of New York. My friends and I were near Ground Zero one night and decided to make a stop there. Eerie feeling when I realized the site was actually 5 years old and still hollow. Kind of weird how it blended into the hustle of the city though...you know kind of like walking past an old acquaintance on not acknowledging them -- thats what that night felt like when I looked around. Anyways, like a good tourist I took my pictures and moved on.

Besides midtown my friends also took me around Little Italy, NOLIA, SOHO, etc...I felt like I was in India with the street fair and the people on the streets. I think that's what I like most about the city. There's a family feeling that welcomes even strangers and tourists.

No comments: